- 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Before School Care
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Half-Day Program
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Stay and Play
CALENDAR: Our school year follows Wake County’s traditional school calendar August-June. We also offer weekly summer camps during the months of June, July, and August.
RATIOS: Our two year old classrooms have 12 children enrolled with 2 teachers. Our three, four and five year year old classrooms have 15 children enrolled with 2 teachers.
CURRICULUM: The Creative Curriculum is taught in all classrooms. The Creative Curriculum implements a comprehensive approach to teaching young learners based on the vital role of “play” in children’s learning. The classrooms are organized into interest areas and our teachers use a variety of approaches and take an active role in children’s learning. Academic content is integrated into everyday experiences.
- We also follow the guidelines of Foundations which is the Early Learning Standards for NC Preschoolers and Strategies for Guiding Their Success.
- The Handwriting Without Tears curriculum is used in all of our four and five year old classrooms. It teaches proper letter formation based on the typical child’s fine motor development.
- Curriculum enhancements of Spanish and KidzArt are offered as additional classes based on parent interest.
SNACKS: The children are offered a morning and afternoon snack. The snack menu is posted weekly on the parent bulletin board.
LUNCHES: Children bring a healthy, balanced lunch from home. Milk is provided daily for lunch.
PARENT COMMUNICATION: Parent/teacher communication is encouraged. Parents are offered many opportunities to support the classroom.
SECURITY: Triangle Academy places an emphasis on a safe, secure school environment. We take extra precaution to ensure the safety of every child. Our front door is locked at all times, requiring an access code for entry. Exit doors are also locked at all times. Furthermore, our drop off and pick up policies are strictly enforced.
DISCIPLINE: All children are valued and respected at Triangle Academy. Therefore, teachers use redirection to divert inappropriate behaviors.
COMPUTERS: Computers are available for the four and five year olds. Our software programs have been carefully selected to appeal to every child’s age and ability.
FIELD TRIPS: Offsite field trips are provided to the four and five year olds. Parent volunteers are asked to drive and chaperone the children on their trips. Field trip learning experiences are provided at the preschool for the two and three year olds.
CREATIVE MOVEMENT: Creative Movement classes are provided weekly to the children.
SPANISH AND KIDZART: Optional Spanish and art classes are provided weekly to our three, four and five year old students at an additional fee.