How soon is too soon?
No, I am not referring to when you start your kids in sports or kindergarten.... I am talking Christmas decorating.
I used to think there were two simple timelines....
- Halloween decorations cannot go up until October 1st.
- Christmas decorations cannot go up until December 1st.
At some point a few years ago, I started relating the Fall season to back-to-school so it became reasonable to put up Fall decorations in September but I still waited until October for Halloween spider webs and such.
I also adjusted my Christmas timeline to allow for decorations anytime after Thanksgiving and would normally dedicate the long weekend following the holiday for a bulk of my decorating.
This year, however.....
I decorated for Christmas over the past weekend (November 17th)! ~Blush~ This is an all time record for me.
Here are some reasons why:
- Thanksgiving falls very late in November this year.
- We are very busy the weekend following Thanksgiving and will not have decorating time.
- I had time over the weekend where I could take my time and not rush the process. What fun is it if you don't enjoy it?
- It makes me happy to get in the Christmas spirit and most important.... it makes my kids happy!
So, although I do not agree with decorating in July or keeping decor up through Easter, I have jumped on to the early decorator band wagon. If it makes you and your family happy, gets you in the giving spirit, and provides with another reason to reflect on our blessings and family.... GO FOR IT!
Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving and happy decorating!